Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Little Hope

Hope is a seed. It plants itself in your mind and grows until suddenly...hope is a tree. This metaphor never made much sense to her. She was much more inclined to believe that hope was a flame, burning brighter and brighter 'till the fear -- in the form of choking, paralyzing blackness -- was consumed by the blaze.

Then again, hope could be that story on the news she'd seen yesterday. The one where people were pitching in to help orphans get adopted. Or maybe hope is simply everywhere, and she just has to know how to look for it.

But no matter what form hope takes, she's absolutely certain of one thing: however dire the situation may seem, she can get by with a little hope.
NOTE:
*And on that hopeful note, I leave you for the next three weeks. I'm going on an outdoor expedition in Washington (State). My next post will be on Saturday, August 7. Have an awesome three weeks!!*

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Haley Jo, I was looking for the attribution there. Who wrote that? Then I learned that YOU wrote that! You are an author already - and yet you have been for some time. I am just amazed and impressed by your writing. I am also inspired by your insistence on being hopeful: good for you. Good for all of us around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed by your incite in to the books you read asd well as your own writings given. Look forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete